Shred Sled caster board review

I've seen them before in our street when some of the teenagers were skating down the street but I didn't know what they were until Team Mom sent me one to review. I'm talking about the Shred Sled!

The Shred Sled is a next-generation caster board that combines the movements of snowboarding, surfing and skateboarding all into one unique experience!
The Shred Sled is the first 4-wheel inline, dual-deck board that makes it smoother and easier for kids and adults to ride. The board's flexible connector allows both decks to rotate the vertical and horizontal axes so it's easy to maneuver.
Instead of pushing off the board like a regular skateboard, riders use their hips, legs and arms to move the board, similar to movements used to propel surfboards and snowboards.
The Shred Sled is available in 3 colors: black, red and blue. The Shred Sled is available nationwide at retailer and online at www.ShredSled.com and retails for approx. $59.99 and is appropriate for ages 8 and up.
Rider should always wear protective safety gear when using the Shred Sled!
Jamie could not believe his eyes when he opened the box. I thought this would be a perfect gift for him as his skateboard broke and he's seen teenagers in our street using these Shred Sleds. We received the red Shred Sled and I have to say it looked intimidating to me but Jamie was super excited. Now mind you Jamie had broken his collarbone over the Summer so I was very hesitant for him to try this.
I decided to try it out first, I should have filmed myself as it was hilarious! I was trying to hold on to the kitchen island while trying to move along on the Shred Sled, I can tell you, it didn't work and it wasn't pretty :-)
Jamie tried it outside but I think he needs to wait a little while longer before he gets it completely. It's harder than a skateboard according to Jamie and I'm just fine with that as I want him to take it easy with his shoulder for a little while longer.
He did say once he gets the hang of this he will look very cool, so that's a plus!

If you have a teenager that likes to skateboard this would be a fantastic gift!

"Disclaimer: I received this product from Team Mom at no cost. This review is based on Jamie's and my experience and based on our opinions alone"

No comments: