Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2011-01-07 06:39:40 UTC
=================================================I'm sure you've heard from the game Candy Land before, but did you know it was redesigned for an even sweeter experience?
About Candy Land:
Travel down the rainbow path on a journey of discovery through enchanted lands filled with sweet surprises around every corner. Create delicious treats at the Cupcake Commons to deliver along the way, participate in a thrilling snowboard race down the Ice Cream Slopes with the Duke of Swirl, take a relaxing train ride through Gummy Hills and climb to the top of Chocolate Mountain. Be sure to make friends with Gramma Gooey, Lord Licorice, Princess Frostine and Princess Lollipop Woods throughout your adventure, as you race to meet King Kandy at the great entrance to the Candy Castle.
Thanks to Hasbro through MyBlogSpark, I was sent a "Party in a Box" Candy Land prize pack. I haven't had time yet (just too many things going on in the weekends to throw a Candy Land party) and with the holidays around the corner this super sweet party will have to wait till the New Year.
Now mind you I almost already have all the things I need for this amazing party.
There will be kids of all different ages at this party and some of Lisa's (my oldest) friends will help with the younger kids.
Hasbro also sent me a Flip camera to post some videos and I can't wait to show you what we have planned for this amazing party!
Here are some of our planned activities so far: there will be a couple of different stations (weather permitting)
- Rainbow Taste Test: kids will be blindfolded and then they will taste white sugar, lemon juice, orange carrots, green broccoli,... something from all colors of the rainbow
- Jelly Bean Drop Pass: we'll have a big jar of jelly beans and kids need to guess how many are in. At the end of the party, the kid who guesses the closest gets to take the jar home.
- Mr. Mint station (if good weather, this will be outside): relay race using spoon and a peppermint. Divide the group in 2 teams and see who will win the race.
- Licorice Castle: kids can make licorice bracelets, red and black licorice and Cheerios for the beads.
Now I've been thinking of making a cake decorated as the game board itself or make lots of cupcakes that the kids can then decorate with candies, sprinkles, etc...
I was thinking of having the kids decorate gingerbread houses but I'm not sure if there will still be kits out there in January?
The houses will be decorated with lots of candy, balloons in bright bold colors!
And you know what? Abby will be the mini hostess. We found a Candy Land dress for her in Kmart and she can't wait to wear it.
My kids have played this game together and they range from ages 12, 9 to 3-years old and they had fun (my 12-year old would probably preferred to play the older version but she was the referee while playing this game so she had a good time).
One of my readers will have a chance to win a Candy Land board game!
For a chance you do any or all of the below entries.
- share a memory you have from playing Candy Land
- share an idea you would have for another station at my party
- board game cake or cupcakes? Tell me what you would make?
- follow me on Twitter (leave username)
- Tweet about this giveaway, linking back to this post and have the hash tag#myblogspark in the tweet (once per day, leave tweet link)
- Blog about this giveaway, linking back to this post (10 entries, leave URL)
- subscribe to my blog (5 entries, leave email used)
- add my button to your blog (leave URL)
- follow me on google friend connect
The deadline for this giveaway is 1/4/11 midnight PST. The winner will be selected with Random Integer, emailed and announced at this post on the 5th. This giveaway is open to US residents 18 or over.
"Disclosure: I received a Candy Land game from Hasbro, through MyBlogSpark, to use for this review. In addition to the game I received games to give to my party guests, a Flip Camera to tape the party and a gift card for my supplies needed for the party. I was in no other way compensated for this review and there will be another post after we've had our super sweet Candy Land party! All opinions in this review are my own and might differ from others."