You'll Flip over this review!

Ok, I'm super excited to write about this Item!
I had the FANTASTIC opportunity to review a Flip Ultra (2nd generation). Reason I'm super excited? Not only is this the coolest thing out there but now I can finally send clips of my kids to my families in Belgium and England. We can't go home this year so instead of sending pictures I can now send clips so our parents and brother and sisters don't miss out on my kids and how fast they grow!

About the Flip Ultra: 
  • easy-to-use, handheld camcorder featuring one-touch recording and instant playback
  • 4GB of built-in memory captures up to 120 minutes of video
  • dimensions: 4.25"x2.19"x1.17"
  • bright, larger 2" no-glare screen
  • includes 2 AA batteries; Flip Video rechargeable AA battery pack sold separately
  • watch videos instantly on TV with included connector cable
  • available in 4 colors: black, white, pink and yellow
  • Full VGA video at 30fps progressive scan
  • records high-quality H.264 videos that work with most video applications, including Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player and iTunes
  • pre-loaded FlipShare software works on any PC and Mac:
* save, organize and edit videos with ease
* email videos and video greeting cards
* upload videos directly to MySpace and YouTube
* capture snapshots from your videos
* create custom movies with your own music
* order DVDs and have them shipped anywhere in the world
* starting at $149.99
Where to buy:
Available at Amazon.com, Best Buy, BestBuy.com, K-Mart, Sam's Club, Sears, Staples, Target, Target.com, TheFlip.com, Wal-Mart, Walmart.com and other leading retailers.


We were send the yellow Flip Ultra, it's so cool! I love the bright color so I can find it easily anywhere!
You start taping with a press of a button and you can zoom in and out if necessary. The taping is so easy and when you're ready to download, you just plug the Flip Ultra in the back of your computer.
We have a Mac, so initially when I downloaded my clips, they downloaded in my iPhoto.  This was because I hadn't installed FlipShare yet. You can theoretically just keep them in iPhoto but I tried sending a clip using iPhoto via email and the size of the email is WAY too big, so you really need to use FlipShare to avoid this problem.



After you download your clips in FlipShare, you can select the clips you want to send and then send them via email, or post them to MySpace or YouTube. There's even an option to send video  greeting cards but I haven't tried that option yet.


The quality of the videos are great, see one of the videos I made of my kids:

Oh and Abby LOVES ribs as you can see below!

You'll see plenty more clips from my family in the future and even some reviews will get clips in the future!
If you're in doubt about getting one for yourself I can only say go for it. No need to read giant manuals, it's really easy to use.
Thanks Flip for letting me do this review!

1 comment:

Susan Campbell Cross said...

Hi Ann! Firstly, I am "tagging" you in a fun photo game. Come to my site and play along...all the cool kids are doing it. LOL!

Secondly...I bought a Flip for my daughter. She loves to make videos. It's a really cool gadget, handy and easy to use. She loves it.