To go or not to go....

To go or not to go... to the emergency care, that was the question on Saturday afternoon!

I don't even know how to start this post. At least I can laugh about it now!
So Friday morning I got up and both my eyes were swollen, eye-lids and under the eye, I just thought I must have been sleeping really deep (yeah, I know, what was I thinking?), by lunchtime the swelling had gone. 
Then on Saturday morning I got up and I'm not kidding you, I looked like I had just finished a boxing match!!! No bruising of course but my eyes were nearly shut (I should have taken a picture as I can't find anything out there that looks similar). Rang the doctor on call and she told me to take Benadryl or Claritin and if the swelling wasn't gone after 4 hours to go to emergency care. The swelling was less but not gone but I didn't go to emergency care. Then yesterday I got up and had swelling but not as bad as Saturday, I took my Claritin, and for the fact that my skin was very dry, hot and itchy, I had a good time at the super-bowl party. At least I didn't look like the elephant man anymore!
So this morning I went to the doctor and got prescribed this cream that I have to rub on my face in the morning and evening for 4 days. If it doesn't go away after these 4 days I'm on some steroid for 4 days, I can't even spell the thing. So now I just look like somebody that got slightly sunburned and has dry skin at the same time. I'm telling you, I'm glad I'm married cause isn't a comfortable and pretty sight.
Now I'm just hoping for the heat and itch to go away!

1 comment:

Roxy said...

YIKES!! Hope all is well now...found you via Give Away a day...just dropping a note to say hello!